Position: Registered Veterinary Technologist (RVT)
Hospital: Eagle Ridge Veterinary Hospital
Location: Sechelt, BC
Job Type: Full-time Employment
Description: Come live, work and play on the Sunshine Coast! Do you and a friend want an adventure? Whether you like hiking, kayaking, biking or lounging by the ocean, we have a great place for you to have a fulfilling career with a great team.
If you want to work in a fully-equipped AAHA-accredited hospital with people who rally together to help pets and support each other every day, then you have found the opportunity that’s going to change your life.
Eagle Ridge Veterinary Hospital is located on the beautiful Sunshine Coast in British Columbia, and we are looking for 2 full-time RVT’s to add to our team. Relocation and living allowance support is available to make the move as easy as possible. Give us a try, you won’t be disappointed!
Our RVTs work on a rotating 4-day weekly schedule which will give you plenty of time to enjoy boating, hiking, and living close to the ocean. Experience is preferred, but new graduates will thrive as well because we have such a supportive team. We value work-life balance and our favourite F-word is FUN so, if that resonates with you, we’d love to hear from you.
We take a lot of pride in delivering a superior experience for both clients and pets. We value your ideas, input and personal development. A commitment to practicing Fear Free medicine is a must because it’s all we talk about around here!
The Sunshine Coast’s belt of paradise on the Pacific Ocean offers those with a love for the great outdoors the chance to live the West Coast lifestyle, while simultaneously enjoying quick access to mainland British Columbia. It’s only a 40-minute ferry ride to Vancouver’s Horseshoe Bay terminal! Spend time hiking with family and friends, mountain biking, diving, kayaking, or traversing the world class provincial park sites. The region boasts approximately 844 identified trails covering over 1570 kilometers, complete with soaring eagles, deer, and bears. A truly Canadian experience, without the heavy snow! Where else in Canada could you spend a Saturday morning kayaking, the afternoon enjoying amenities in a city as renowned as Vancouver, and the evening cheering on the NHL’s Canucks at ice level? The Sunshine Coast is calling… to all qualified RVTs interested in this beautiful balance of work and play.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
– Communicate in a compassionate and professional manner with clients and fellow veterinary care team members using efficient oral and written communication skills.
– Administer and analyze diagnostic tests (hematology, clinical chemistry, cytology, urinalysis, etc.) utilizing appropriate equipment and techniques.
– Assist Veterinarian with surgical and therapeutic procedures. Utilize gold-standard patient care techniques, ensuring operating room environment complies with all aseptic standards and protocols.
– Administer and monitor anesthesia and analgesia in accordance with the veterinary scope of practice and provincial laws governing the RVT profession.
– Provide excellent veterinary nursing care in a professional and ethical manner through the synthesis of veterinary theory, principles and concepts (including Fear Free techniques) within the scope of regulations dictated by the provincial governing laws of the profession.
– Document and maintain accurate veterinary medical records, following regulated procedures and standards.
– Operate and maintain state-of-the-art veterinary medical equipment, following health and safety regulations in accordance with veterinary profession standards.
– Execute and evaluate quality diagnostic images utilizing knowledge of theory, principles and concepts.
– Perform dental procedures in compliance with professional veterinary industry standards, employing an in-depth knowledge of dental structures, conditions and lesions, causes and stages of diseases.
– Manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
– Maintain an appropriate inventory of all medical supplies as determined by veterinary office inventory control procedures.
– Maintain and support a collaborative work environment and assist other staff members as required.
Total Compensation – We recognize how critical RVTs are to providing the best possible medical, surgical, and preventative medicine. We prove this by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
– A Competitive Wage Rate
– A Comprehensive Health Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid by clinic)
– Professional Services Coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, acupuncturist and more)
– Enhanced Mental Health Practitioner Coverage
– P3 Pawsitive Health & Lifestyle Spending Account
– Unlimited Continuing Education (CE) funds for advanced professional development plus three days of paid leave to attend CE
– Employee Assistance Program
– Paid Licensing & Membership Dues
– Paid Vacation Time
– Paid Sick & Personal Emergency Days
– Generous Veterinary Discounts (75% off services for your own pets, and an extended family and friends discount)
– Clothing Allowance
– Relocation Allowance to assist with moving expenses can be arranged for out-of-town candidates
– Living Allowance
If you are looking for a progressive environment where each individual is heard, and recognized for their unique contributions, we’d love to talk.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace.
Visit our website at: www.sunshinecoastvet.com
Contact Information: Submit your CV to [email protected]
Ad expires: December 26, 2023