Accredited Programs

To be able to become a registered veterinary technologist, you must be a graduate of a Canadian Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA) or the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) accredited program. Below are links to CVMA accredited colleges in Canada and for a list of AVMA accredited colleges click here.

View List of AVMA Colleges

Programs for

Administrative / Clinic Assistants

At this time we do not have any recommendations as we are not familiar with the courses being offered.  I would recommend you contact your veterinary clinic, speak with the clinic manager to find out what courses would be needed to work as an administrative support staff within a clinic setting.  They may provide on site training or have a recommendation for post secondary education.
It is important to know that only Veterinarians and Veterinary Technologists, registered with the Manitoba Veterinary Medical Association (MVMA), can practice veterinary medicine in Manitoba.  Should you have any further questions with regards to the roles within a veterinary clinic, please contact the MVMA at [email protected].