Registration in Manitoba

For successful registration to work as a veterinary technologist in Manitoba, you must be a graduate of a Canadian Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA) or the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) accredited program.

All veterinary technologists must be registered in the Province of Manitoba with both the Manitoba Veterinary Technologists Association and the Manitoba Veterinary Medical Association. The registration year runs from July 1 to June 30th.

It is important to note that an individual cannot use the title Veterinary Technologist (or a variation or abbreviation of the title) or engage in the practice of veterinary medicine (as defined through scope of practice) in Manitoba without registration in both associations.

Registration Renewals

If you are a current member of the MVTA or have had a membership with us within the past three years, you can renew your membership by clicking the link below. All late and lapsed fees apply after June 14th of every calendar year. If you are uncertain as to when you last registered, please contact our office and we will be able to assist you. It is important to note that after three years of not maintaining your membership you will be required to write the national exam.

***All renewals for the 2021-22 membership year will be completed by login into your membership account. ***

Renewing Your Membership



  • General member with the Manitoba Veterinary Medical Association. Click HERE to see their  requirements
  • Requires:
    • Registration receipt from the MVMA
    • Diploma
    • Copy of VTNE passing letter from the AAVSB
    • Letter of Professional Standing from former Provincial Association

Student Membership

For new memberships ONLY!

  • Must be actively attending a CVMA/AVMA accredited Animal Health Technology/Veterinary Technology program
  • Free to students enrolled in at Red River College’s Veterinary Technology Program.
  • Must transfer to Restricted membership immediately once graduated.

International Technologists

Currently there is no process available to register Veterinary Technologists who graduated from a Veterinary Technologist program that is not accredited by the Canadian Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA) or the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA).

Membership Withdrawal Form

If you are moving or have decided to change career paths, we require you to complete a short survey which will also inform us to withdraw you from the Association. If you require a letter of Good Standing, please contact the MVMA.

withdraw membership