Cranbrook Veterinary Hospital
Hospital: Cranbrook Veterinary Hospital
Location: Cranbrook, B.C.
Job Type: Full-time Employment
Description: Are you searching for a supportive and friendly team to join as you begin or continue your career as an RVT? Is being close to the Mountains important to you? Do you enjoy skiing, hiking, and other outdoor activities? If you answered yes to each of these questions, then we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Cranbrook Veterinary Hospital, located in the stunning East Kootenays of beautiful British Columbia is searching for an enthusiastic full-time RVT. Our established and friendly team of 2 Vets, 2 RVTs and an incredible support staff roster run a busy and successful Companion Animal Practice. We practice team-based medicine and have a longstanding tradition of providing exceptional care. Due to the growing demand for high-quality medicine in the area, we are now welcoming RVT applications from across Canada (relocation assistance provided). If you love veterinary medicine and enjoy being part of a fun and hard-working team, then we want to hear from you!
The city of Cranbrook is the largest urban center in the East Kootenays, and provides quick access for outdoor enthusiasts to world-renowned hiking, skiing, fishing, snowshoeing, kayaking, and river rafting. Enjoy all the amenities you’ll ever need, a vibrant cultural scene, and unparalleled opportunity to explore the mountains and rushing rivers surrounding Cranbrook.
You will be scheduled for 4 or 5 days on a rotating Monday – Friday schedule, in addition to participation in an On-Call rotation that is shared with 7 other Hospitals. With no weekend shifts, and flexibility to enjoy an additional day off each week, you’ll have plenty of time to experience all the attractions the Cranbrook area has to offer. If you are an adventurous professional with a passion for the outdoors, don’t hesitate to learn more about this beautiful balance of work and play.
Our RVTs are fully utilized, and look forward to welcoming their next RVT team member. Our fully-equipped hospital features an in-house laboratory, digital x-ray, digital dental x-ray, a class 4 laser, ultrasound, and a computerized records systems (Avimark). Experienced RVTs will enjoy our welcoming and inclusive environment. We appreciate new perspectives and pride ourselves on collaboration and teamwork. New graduates will thrive too as our experienced RVTs are excited by the prospect of providing mentorship and taking someone under their wing. If you take pride in delivering outstanding client service, and want to wake up excited to go to work, don’t hesitate to contact us today.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
– Communicate in a compassionate and professional manner with clients and fellow veterinary care team members using efficient oral and written communication skills.
– Administer and analyze diagnostic tests (hematology, clinical chemistry, cytology, urinalysis, etc.) utilizing appropriate equipment and techniques.
– Assist Veterinarian with surgical and therapeutic procedures. Utilize gold-standard patient care techniques, ensuring operating room environment complies with all aseptic standards and protocols.
– Administer and monitor anesthesia and analgesia in accordance with the veterinary scope of practice and provincial laws governing the RVT profession.
– Provide excellent veterinary nursing care in a professional and ethical manner through the synthesis of veterinary theory, principles and concepts (including Fear Free techniques) within the scope of regulations dictated by the provincial governing laws of the profession.
– Document and maintain accurate veterinary medical records, following regulated procedures and standards.
– Operate and maintain state-of-the-art veterinary medical equipment, following health and safety regulations in accordance with veterinary profession standards.
– Execute and evaluate quality diagnostic images utilizing knowledge of theory, principles and concepts.
– Perform dental procedures in compliance with professional veterinary industry standards, employing an in-depth knowledge of dental structures, conditions and lesions, causes and stages of diseases.
– Manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
– Maintain an appropriate inventory of all medical supplies as determined by veterinary office inventory control procedures.
– Maintain and support a collaborative work environment and assist other staff members as required.
Total Compensation – We recognize how critical RVTs are to providing the best possible medical, surgical, and preventative medicine. We prove this by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
– A Competitive Wage Rate
– A Comprehensive Health Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid by clinic)
– Professional Services Coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, acupuncturist and more)
– Enhanced Mental Health Practitioner Coverage
– P3 Pawsitive Health & Lifestyle Spending Account
– Unlimited Continuing Education (CE) funds for advanced professional development plus three days of paid leave to attend CE
– Employee Assistance Program
– Paid Licensing & Membership Dues
– Paid Vacation Time
– Paid Sick & Personal Emergency Days
– Generous Veterinary Discounts (75% off services for your own pets, and an extended family and friends discount)
– Clothing Allowance
– Relocation Allowance to assist with moving expenses can be arranged for out-of-town candidates
If you are looking for a progressive environment where each individual is heard, and recognized for their unique contributions, we’d love to talk.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace.
Contact Information: Visit our website at http://cranbrookveterinary.com/ to learn more. Text or call Matt at 289-218-7041 to arrange an introductory conversation. Submit your CV to [email protected]
Ad expires: December 26, 2023