Have you ever thought of working in beautiful British Columbia, Canada?
Pacific Coast Veterinary Hospital is looking to grow and strengthen our team by adding another full time Registered Veterinary Technologist.
Prince Rupert is a quaint coastal community in Northern BC surrounded by stunning wilderness. We offer a flexible schedule to allow time to enjoy an abundance of outdoor recreation activities to fulfill your sense of adventure. We take great pride in our community and, as the only veterinary hospital in Prince Rupert, feel privileged to care for all the animals in the area. Supporting local animal rescue organizations is something we are dedicated to, and something we hope you will enjoy as much as we do.
One initiative we are dedicated to, is becoming a Fear Free practice with every team member Fear Free Certified! But we aren’t stopping there. Do you want a role where you can truly make an impact on the lives of animals by helping to shape a practice? Are you passionate about providing the best possible care to people and their pets? Is keeping up-to-date and providing progressive medicine something you strive for?
We are looking for an RVT with leadership skills, a talent for organization, and great team spirit. Someone who is always looking for ways to ensure the team excels.
Our ideal candidate will have strong technical skills in both anesthesia and nursing, and a proven ability to connect with clients about their pets. We want someone who can work hard while also having fun in a fast-paced environment. Preference will be given to candidates who have 3+ years of experience. Keen newer graduates with a great attitude will also be considered.
Our Veterinary Technologists work a rotating schedule, including Saturdays and on-call emergency coverage.
Check out our video at https://vimeo.com/497486701
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Communicate in a compassionate and professional manner with clients and fellow veterinary care team members using efficient oral and written communication skills.
• Administer and analyze diagnostic tests (hematology, clinical chemistry, cytology, urinalysis, etc.) utilizing appropriate equipment and techniques.
• Assist Veterinarian with surgical and therapeutic procedures. Utilize gold-standard patient care techniques, ensuring operating room environment complies with all aseptic standards and protocols.
• Administer and monitor anesthesia and analgesia in accordance with the veterinary scope of practice and provincial laws governing the RVT profession.
• Provide excellent veterinary nursing care in a professional and ethical manner through the synthesis of veterinary theory, principles and concepts (including Fear Free techniques) within the scope of regulations dictated by the provincial governing laws of the profession.- Document and maintain accurate veterinary medical records, following regulated procedures and standards.
• Operate and maintain state-of-the-art veterinary medical equipment, following health and safety regulations in accordance with veterinary profession standards.
• Execute and evaluate quality diagnostic images utilizing knowledge of theory, principles and concepts.
• Perform dental procedures in compliance with professional veterinary industry standards, employing an in-depth knowledge of dental structures, conditions and lesions, causes and stages of diseases.
• Manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
• Maintain an appropriate inventory of all medical supplies as determined by veterinary office inventory control procedures.
• Maintain and support a collaborative work environment and assist other staff members as required.
Our clinic values our team members, and we prove it by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
• Continuing Education (CE)
• Competitive Wage
• Extended Health Benefits package (Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid by clinic)
• Professional Services coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, acupuncturist and more)
• Employee Assistance Program
• Paid Licensing & Membership Dues
• Professional Liability Insurance coverage
• Paid Vacation time
• Paid Sick & Personal Days
• Generous Veterinary Discounts (75% off services for your own pets, and an extended family and friends discount)
• Relocation allowance to help with moving expenses can be arranged for out-of-town candidates
• Generous Signing Bonus!
If you’re looking for a long-term position to really grow & thrive in a fantastic community, please email your resume to Dionne at [email protected]
Ad expires: April 1, 2023