Canadian Animal Blood Bank – Regional Manager (Brandon)
Reporting to the Board of Directors and the Director of Donor Recruitment, the Regional Manager (RM) serves as a tertiary contact and local – primary resource person for the Canadian Animal Blood Bank in the Brandon region. Principle responsibilities include recruitment and retention of volunteer donors, operating blood bank clinics and commemorating volunteers. This part-time position has a flexible work week/ hour schedule to accommodate evening or weekend collections.
· Donor Recruitment: Through communication with veterinary clinic staff and participation at specialty events where suitable donor-owners attend, recruit new canine blood donors. Generate and maintain a 100 donor database.
· Staging Donor Clinics: Attend donor clinics both within Brandon city limits and at rural facilities. Assist with and occasionally perform phlebotomies on donors. The RM is responsible for the maintenance, transport, setup/take down of required equipment and area clean up. Expectations are that 25 units of canine whole blood will be collected per month within 6 months
· Communications: The RM will liaison with donor site personnel ensuring satisfactory setup and cleanup after collections. The RM will assist in booking donation appointments with owners.
· Database Management: The RM is responsible for maintaining the owner contact information, donor medical/vaccination history and donation records in the on-line database.
· Distribution: After proper documentation and packaging, the transfusion products are shipped to Head Office for production completion in a time-sensitive manner.
· Current, active Registered Veterinary Technologist licensure with MVTA and MVMA.
· Valid Manitoba driver’s license and use of a motor vehicle
· Comfortable in using on-line database
· Able to work collaboratively
· Organizational, communicative and interpersonal skills
· Customer service oriented
· Motivated to build donor database with promotions and awareness of CABB
Hourly wage for collection and supportive work-time
Position Closing Date: 08/01/2020