McLeod Veterinary Hospital is looking for the ideal candidate to fill a new position of Assistant Manager.
McLeod Veterinary Hospital is a well-established, independently owned, small animal hospital. We strive to practice the highest level of quality service in a compassionate and caring manner. We have a team of 5 DVMs and a large support staff including, 8 RVTs. We’re open 7 days a week, and as a result see a variety of wellness and medical cases.
Our services include; CO2 surgical laser, therapeutic laser, fully equipped Idexx laboratory, ultrasound and digital radiographs (including dental). Our vets and RVTs are also all Fear Free certified.
We offer a unique culture that’s very team oriented and supportive for all. We recognize the importance of work/life balance. This culture carries over to our level of customer service and client relations.
We’re seeking an experienced candidate who is confident and passionate about their practice. Strong leadership, communication, flexibility, and interpersonal skills are essential.
Job duties will include:
• Management of Customer Service Representatives, which will include: training of new hires, performance reviews, recruiting/hiring/disciplining/terminating when necessary
• Focus on customer service
• Inventory management: biweekly ordering, semi-annual inventory audit, meeting with pharmaceutical and food sales representatives
• Staff scheduling
• Potential for bookkeeping
• Reporting to Hospital Manager and Hospital Owners
Job Requirements include:
• Post-secondary education resulting in a diploma or degree
• 5+ years experience as a Registered Veterinary Technologist and/or formal training and experience in Management or Human Resources
• Experience in training new hires
• Experience and skilled with client communications
• Commitment to on-going training and development in management
• Flexible work schedule
• Exceptional leadership skills
• Basic computer skills and eagerness to learn hardware set up of hospital
Please visit our website, www.mcleodvet.com, to learn more about our services and meet our team.
If you’re interested in joining our efficient and highly motivated team; please forward your resume to Cindy Sontag, RVT at [email protected].