The Winnipeg Humane Society is the oldest animal shelter and welfare organization in Manitoba. Would you like to be a part of our legacy? Our mission is to protect all animals from suffering and to promote their welfare and dignity. If this is the same reason you entered the field of Veterinary Technology, then we might have the job you are looking for at the WHS clinic. Shelter Medicine is a ground-breaking field that is exciting and innovative. If you are looking for a fresh new take on your RVT career apply now! We are looking forward to receiving applicants who are excited about helping their community, enjoy working independently and as part of a team, and want to show off their skills in surgery and medicine. We are looking for dynamic teammates with a passion for the rescue and rehabilitation of pets that need our help.
We are currently looking for Full-time, Part-time, and Casual RVTs. We have both permanent and term positions available. Experience is an asset, but new grads are most welcome to apply.
• A fun, friendly and engaging workplace.
• paid MVTA and MVMA dues
• paid liability insurance
• option for employer contributed RRSP
• extensive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Massage, etc.
• uniforms provided
• Continued Education Allowance
• free Fear Free course for shelters
• great work hours to allow for work/life balance; no overnights
• Discount for medical treatment and supplies for your pets
• The option to attend Northern/Remote Community Clinics as paid staff
• All breaks paid, including lunch break
• Paid sick time
• Paid Vacation time
• Each tech has their own personal workspace for social distancing
• Lots of surgery time
• No client appointments
• No quotas
To apply please send your resume and cover letter stating hours of availability to Vicky Farmer at [email protected], please state RVT in the subject line of your email. We thank you for your interest and are looking forward to meeting you.